Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday (on Thursday) #3

This week was a bit of a struggle.  I've been busy juggling my life and because I'm so tired and lazy by the end of the day, I've been letting my meal prep and healthy eating suffer. Being more lenient on what I put in my mouth. Wonderful boyfriend and I went for dinner before he left for work for 10 days, and I had a burger and fries (BUT, no pop!). I couldn't finish it all, which used to be no problem for me so that's good! And we went for sandwiches twice when we couldn't be bothered to cook. The last time I weighed myself (before today), I had gained weight so I've been scared of the scale and mad at myself for cheating. I know weight fluctuates, and I know I'm not a robot and humans aren't perfect but I can't help being a little heartbroken when I see that number rise.

SOME GOOD THINGS THAT I'VE NOTICED AND BEEN WORKING ON:
-Drinking WAY more water. I'm aiming for 2L a day, finding the first litre super easy to guzzle down, and struggling with the second.
-I'm going to the gym as often as possible. If I force myself to the point of exhaustion, I will dread going and it won't happen at all.
-I no longer gravitate to the junky foods in the grocery store. I've accepted the fact that I just can't have those things anymore (although, I may never accept the fact that I can't eat as many French fries and poutines as I used to). **ALSO, I needed to break a $20 at the convenience store earlier and it took me a super long time to decide what to buy because I didn't even WANT anything in there!
- I've become much more busy and less sedentary. Which is good physically, but I feel like my mental health needs some  time where I can lay on the couch and reenact a slug.

Now that I've confessed my slips and acknowledged the good that I've worked on and experienced this week, it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty. My current weight is 246.4. Which means I'm up 2.8lbs from last week, and down 4.2lbs total. Honestly, as I was weighing myself during the week, I was disappointed and discouraged by the weight gain. Now as I think about it, I'm reminding myself that I'm taking in waaaayyy more water daily than I have before, AND I'm working out regularly. People almost always gain weight when they start working out! It's still frustrating that I don't have that "super close to 10lb weight loss" excitement to think about as I choose what to eat every day, but I'm trying not to get hung up on it because I'm doing SO GOOD. I've tried many, many times to lose weight over the years, and it has NEVER, EVER felt so effortless for me to stick with it and accept it as a new lifestyle. The time is NOW and it's happening! And I couldn't be more happy about that.

Start weight- 250.6lbs
Today's weight- 246.4lbs
Total loss- 4.2lbs
funny weightloss ecard haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ