Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Weightloss Wednesday #4

Here I am- almost a month into this journey and still going strong! When I started this, I definitely didn't think it would be this (for the lack of a better word) easy for me to keep up with the lifestyle change, and I would have been very surprised and I almost wouldn't believe you if you told me how well I would be doing a month from then. This sounds bad, like I don't have a lot of faith in myself. Mind you, if you actually knew how many times I've tried to do this and given up way too soon, you would understand where I'm coming from. One time, I didn't even last through the sugar withdrawal. So yes, I'm very proud of myself today. I think a huge part of my so-far success is due to the support of my friends and family (especially Kyle, who is doing this alongside me), the fact that I'm not being super strict about what I eat (I'm making healthy choices and eating well, but if I NEED an ice cream cone, I'll treat myself. And maaaaybe even with a low-fat frozen yogurt!), and finally, I am being HONEST. Here, with my loved ones, and with myself. Honestly, I don't really care how fast this weight drops off, as long as I do my best to get healthy and I see some progress.

I've been really good this week. minimal cheats, happy and satisfied with the foods I'm eating, and giving myself time to focus on other things when I need to. For example, I had a busy few days and I took 3 days off of the gym. Which- might I add, caused my water weight to drop and I discovered that I ACTUALLY lost 13lbs! Of course, I'm back at the gym and my water weight has returned, but whatever! See if I care! I am elated with my progress and how good I feel. Even though I haven't noticed any physical changes (measurements will be included in next week's WLW post and on a monthly basis), the biggest change I see  is the way I look at myself. I don't remember the last time I hated what I saw in the mirror, or the last time I told myself I was fat or ugly or unworthy of love and acceptance. Which unfortunately, used to be a regular occurrence. Sadly, I recall a time last summer where I was trying to get dressed, I wasn't happy with how I looked in anything I owned, and I was so frustrated ans ashamed of myself that I was bawling and screaming, begging Kyle to turn away and not look at me. As horrible as it is to feel that bad about yourself, I can only imagine the pain Kyle felt watching me melt down and abuse myself when (knowing how kind and positive and accepting he is) all he saw was the woman he loves hating herself for no reason.

Okay, enough of the heavy heavies. I am past all of that (for now, but hopefully forever) and I couldn't be happier. So without further adieu, I present to you- my weigh in!

Start Weight: 250.6 lbs
Current Weight: 246.4 lbs
Total Lost: 4.2 lbs

Yay! I feel so good, I couldn't care less what those numbers read anyways! Okay, I would care if I was back to 250 or *gulp* even MORE! But I'm not so I'll be over there dancing my happy little heart out if you need me -->.

Funny weightloss comic

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ