Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Weight Loss Wednesday #2

I have completed the first week of my journey to better health and in all the times I've tried to start this journey, I have never felt so motivated and determined and like "this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now", ever. I'm going to be straight up and tell you right off the bat that I "cheated" a couple times; when it was late and easier to go out and grab something, and when I was super jealous of my boyfriend's post oral surgery ice cream diet. BUT- I didn't eat nearly as much as I would have two weeks ago, and I'm still proud of myself for that. I no longer have the "go big or go home" attitude for cheating that would throw me way off course. I'm doing good.
Although, the first few days of this journey weren't so great. As I was detoxing from my sugar and fat diet, I was almost positive I wasn't going to make it to see the next day (okay, maybe a little dramatic). I felt as if I had the worst sunstroke of all time though. Cry-worthy headaches, level 1000 nausea, shaking to the point of vibration, and super frustrating insomnia. I was experiencing withdrawal and I felt terrible.

THINGS THAT HELPED ME AT THIS TIME
-Fruit smoothies (natural sugars are good sugars!)
-Drinking TONS of water (duh)
-The best pain relieving ointment ever (recommended by a very nice lady at a nearby Asian supermarket)
-Hot baths in the dark
-Thinking about NEVER HAVING TO DO IT AGAIN!

Thinking back on all of this, it feels like forever ago. I'm not sure if it's because my little family (including my cousin/main support system's little family) just endured a really tough week, or because I've been working so hard to come up with a variation to my diet. *Discovery- I looooove avocado!
After the first week of the rest of my life, I am proud to announce I have lost 7 POUNDS!

Starting weight-250.6lbs
Current weight-243.6lbs
Total lost- 7lbs!

As I am going to be sharing a lot of my favourite healthy recipes, I'm including a free recipe card printable for you to print, copy, and use as much as you'd like- whether it's for a healthier recipe that you find here at Nesting Doll at Home, or for someone else's grandmother's chocolate cake recipe (jealous). Enjoy!


Free recipe card printable!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ